These past few weeks have been hectic. Not only did we wrap up the most productive and progressive session in Virginia History, we also entered into uncharted territory with a health crisis none of us have seen in our lifetimes.
I know you have likely been inundated with COVID-19 related information. I want to thank all of the healthcare providers, grocery store workers, and delivery personnel who have helped us get through these past few weeks. This email contains resources and links that could be helpful as you navigate this critical situation. In addition, I am offering some fun and exciting ideas to help pass the time while you may be self-quarantining and/or practicing social distancing. They include videos, games to play, and some of my "favorite things."
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance during the COVID-19 health crisis. My staff and I can be reached at DelMSickles@house.virginia.gov or 804-698-1043. We will be checking email and phone messages regularly.
Please remember to wash your hands, avoid group gatherings of more than 10 people, and use caution to stay healthy!
Mark D. Sickles
Delegate, 43rd House District
Small Business/Nonprofit Disaster Loan Application: Loans are up to $2 million and can be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable, and other expenses.
Virginia Workforce Connection: File for unemployment insurance claims
Other Questions/Concerns: The Virginia Emergency Operations Center has asked that any questions you may have about the virus and Virginia's response be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org where a staff member will be able to answer your question or direct you to the right agency to answer your question.
- Video Experiment to Prevent Germ Spread
- Virtual Rides at Walt Disney World. More rides here.
- Daily Story Time
- Sample At-Home School Schedule
Puzzles & Games
At Home Exercise Videos
- Gold's Gym (600+ free videos until May 31)
- Planet Fitness (free live-stream workouts everyday at 7 pm on Facebook)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe to Bake
- Hand Washing to "Take On Me" (My Favorite Song)
- You can create your own hand washing chart to your favorite song here.
- A Very Stable Genius book by Philip Rucker and Carol Leonnig
- Bike riding outside on the Mt. Vernon Trail